Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Amazing and Boring

Last night Ian and I saw on the national news that "Bloody Sunday" was 45 years ago.  We watched the black and white footage and were appalled.  Ian asked why did they do that? It is horrible to answer " for the color of their skin."   He has studied the civil rights movement (from a third grade perspective) and recognized Martin Luther King, Jr. when they showed him speaking.  Ian is a very thoughtful thinker, he was quiet a few minutes and said "it really only takes one person to make a difference."  That is the truth of it, for good or bad!!  Ian is amazing.

A friend wrote months ago on FB that you are only allowed to use exclamation points ten times a year, according to her creative writing professor.  I can't live by that, too many things need an exclamation of excitement.  I think having kids is just a series of exclamation points - don't, stop, good job, no way, yes, move, sit, arrgggghhhh!!!

I have found that my life is so boring, that after I write on here and someone mentions they have read my blog, I now have nothing to talk about with them.  I am going to have to hold back on the "good stuff".  Not only am I boring, but also stupidly self-deluding.  I bought Easter candy, because it was on sale.  Oh yeah right, like it won't be on sale in three weeks, or the country will suddenly have a shortage of candy.  Possibly, I will get snowed in and won't be able to buy any.  We all know.....I bought Easter candy early, so I could eat it all!  I just have to make sure I hide the wrappers, so the kids don't catch me.

I feel a cold coming on, so I am going to find a sunny spot and take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment