Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

One of Those Days

I just had one of those crazy days.  It started with forgetting the numbing cream for chemo.  I drove home to get it.  I drove out to have lunch with Ian, but he was finishing up.  I drove to Party City, but they didn't have what I wanted.  I came home to the laundry room being flooded.  Hopefully, I fixed the problem.  I then dog sat and the dog did a giant poop in the house.  Lastly, I arranged a ride for Ellen to her dance recital so I could start my Swim Across America training class.  The class starts next week.  I missed Ellen's dance recital for nothing.  A big storm is rolling in, which means the kids won't fall asleep until the thunder and lightning are over. 

Speaking of sleeping, every now and then I take an Ambien to help me sleep.  I usually take one on Sunday nights, so I face the week well rested.  I don't know why, but periodically it makes me loopy.  It gives me a nice little buzz, before I crash and burn for the night.   This doesn't happen each time, kinda too bad.  Late, late, late Sunday night a group of college friends called to talk and I was totally out of it.  I didn't remember the call until driving into work.  I swear they mentioned they were going to Fiji.  I called them back, but no answer, so maybe they are really in Fiji.  The other weird thing is Ellen and Ian were both in my room.  I have no clue why or what they were doing.   I have no idea what I talked about with my friends.  The whole episode is foggy.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's NestI started reading Stieg Larsson's new book, even though I am in the middle of another book.  I really want to see how this ends.  I have several friends waiting for me to finish, so they can read my copy.  One friend is like 137th on the check-out list at the library.  I should finish quickly.  Larsson sets up slowly and I find the names confusing, but then it really picks up.  Lisbeth is such a compelling character.

Holey Crapoley was it hot today.  I like hot weather, but it was an August day.  The pools will all be heating up nicely with this heat.  The kids go in no matter the temperature.  I was numbing my sore feet in the pool a couple of nights ago, I think it is a couple of degrees warmer.

True Blood is on On Demand - whoohoo!  I have been catching up, getting ready for season 3.  It is so incredibly rawnchy, but laugh outloud funny.  Excellent casting for this series!  Enough with the Maenid though!   I missed the season finale of LOST. The show is on Tuesdays, so why was the finale on Sunday night?  They just had to be extra confusing.  Quite a few friends are disappointed.  I think I read they are reshowing the last episode this Sunday night, so hopefully this is true and I can watch it.  It isn't on the computer yet, or I just can't find it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment