Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Most Depressing Day of the Year and Helping Bras

My friend let me know that I am not alone in my doldrums.  January 25th by researchers? has proven to be the most depressing day of the year.  I don't know if that means just 2010, because it fell on a Monday or if it is this same day every year.  Now that we have that day behind us we can all be cheerful, don't you feel better already!

Another friend's son was commenting on the girls now wearing helping bras.  She asked how he knew and he said he could see them through their shirts.  I have never heard of a helping bra.  It is a much better name than a training bra.  At Ellen's age it is helping them make sure no one notices they are getting breasts. A training bra makes you think there is an agenda.  Are they training those little titties to stand up and be more perky?  Training them to make boys/men of all ages to act like total nincompoops?  Why aren't jock straps for little boys called jock strips? 

I am glad I don't have to choose between LOST and the president's speech.  I can't find the remote, it is suspiciously always missing when I want to watch t.v. How did we survive before clickers?

I am reading a good book that my 89 year old neighbor gave me.  It is called "The Dante Club".  The author is Matthew Pearl. His second book is called "The Poe Shadow", I think that one will be really great, because it takes place in Baltimore.  The third one sounds like a good read as well, I like Dickens very much.
The Poe Shadow: A NovelThe Dante Club: A NovelThe Last Dickens: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment