Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Crypt Keepers Grandmother

I am being a cliche, the 40 something woman bemoaning her lost youth. But truthfully, where the fuck did it go? I feel 20, to me I still look 20, but not so when I really look in the mirror. I am old, wrinkly and flabby, yes I think we can also add frumpy. I guess I should be thankful, that I am not my Mom(body by Shamu), I don't feel that yet - phew! I could just be fooling myself though. One of my favorite movie lines is from the new "Freaky Friday". The daughter wakes up as her mother, looks in the mirror and screams, "I am the crypt keeper". I actually feel like the crypt keeper's grandmother.

Would anyone like to donate an anteater to the ant farm on Greenspring Avenue, that maybe my only chance to get rid of them. I seem to remember seeing chocolate covered ants for sale. Maybe I should scoop them up and market them to upscale deli's. What kind of health code regulations could you impose on chocolate covered bugs? Would they have to labeled organic? Or farm raised? Free range (they do roam all over the house)? I just want them gone!

I have been puttering around in my "quilt studio", which is really just my junkie sewing room. It has been fun though. I have been sifting through projects to try and finish something. I think I may have completed a bookmark. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day you know. I got a grouping of red silks to make into a quilt, for me. I am excited to work on it. I have some other things to complete and I have to buy stabilizer, so I won't start anytime soon.

I try to have some things to work on at chemo, so yesterday I was finishing up a small wall-hanging. I realized I will never hang this up, so it is now going to be a post card. I am also working on a postcard exchange for "Cloth, Paper, Scissors". I haven't done an exchange before and look forward to getting a card back. It will be interesting to see how my skills compare to another participants. I think I need more confidence in my artistic ability.

I am off to Phoenix, AZ to celebrate my birthday with friends. It is supposed to be 70 and sunny. So much better than 25 and windy. I am not even dreading the airplane flight, I have some projects to work on. I may bring my laptop to watch season one of True Blood. I also have what appears to be a good book, "The Lacuna" by Barbara Kingsolver. Maddy went to hear her speek in DC and got me a signed copy for Christmas. The flight should go quickly with all these things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment