Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moping and Dengue Fever

I have been moping around - big time.  I don't know if it is just January blues, gray day blues or post-birthday blues. But, I have been a serious bump on a log.  I have little motivation to leave the house, too much effort!  Being at home is making me slightly crazy I think.  I am not convinced too much of my own company is a great thing.  For example, I have been trying to come up with more "Liar Food" as introduced to me by Jimmy Fallon.  Liar food is horse radish and grape nuts, things that are not what they say they are. I can't come up with any more and I really, really want to.

I have never been a newspaper reader, it is a skill I don't possess.  The internet has been good for people like me.  The only problem is I never know what is going on locally, but I know that Dengue fever is spreading throughout the entire world.  I don't know any useful information.  I am full of odd-ball tidbits that relate to nothing.  The only advantage to knowing obscure, pointless factoids is that no one disputes you when you annouce there are 45,000 varieties of sheep world-wide.  I actually made that up. 

I told the kids I started a blog and I am definitely the Rodney Dangerfield of blogging.  One of my lovebugs said, "I thought you had to be important."  Another chimed in, "Don't you have to know what you are doing?"  The last little darling just walked away uninterested.   I should have enthralled them with the elevation of Mt. Ararat.  Ellen just asked, "does anyone actually read your blog?" 

3 comments:

  1. Tell Ellen that I read your blog.

    Have you tried tea tree oil on the ants? Cooties sure hate it!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you have readers!

    I'm right there with you on having a mind filled with trivial facts that don't impact my daily life, but do come in handy sometimes when playing games or watching Jeopardy.

    I think a lot of that comes from being great readers. We learn many interesting things through our book lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your kids you have at least three readers! You are important! And entertaining! Your kids seem to be too. (Important and entertaining.)

    And I, too, know where you're coming from with knowing stuff that doesn't seem important. I know a little about a lot of things, but not a lot about any one thing in particular. That's probably why I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". If that's possible.

    ReplyDelete