Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Misc. Merriment

Ned got off the bus yesterday and shouted, "I was so good at school today that my teacher gave me two days off."  I asked him if he gets Saturday and Sunday off and he so excitedly shouted, YES!"  Today we are off to McDonogh to do some fishing, check out the secret stream and pick some tomatoes.  It is a perfect fall day.

Ned got a tent for his birthday and so last night we slept in the tent.  Ned made it until 9:30 and then got so scared he had to come in.  Ellen flat out refused to join us in the tent.  Ian was so tired he was sound asleep at 9:30.  So, I took an Ambien and crashed in the tent.  Besides a backache this morning it was sort of a non-event.  It was a great night to be in the tent, the weather was cool and dry. 

I got Ellen a cell phone last weekend.  According to Ellen she was the LAST kid in middle school to get a phone.  She is generally accurate  on personal slights and injustices, so I will take her word for it.  Ellen couldn't figure out how to change the ringtone, so took out the batteries and sim card.  I was able to get the phone fixed, but the phone has been grounded until she can make better choices -- like asking for assistance first.   If it all wasn't so aggravating, I would be laughing.  

The ONE day before all that happened, Ned came in to tattle that Ellen was texting while riding her bike.  She told me, "but I pulled over to the side of the path."  I guess PSA's really do make a difference.

Thursday night Ian was tired and grumpy, he snapped at Ned to be quiet.  He did this while Ned was in the bathtub. He also went in and flipped off the light, so of course I was summoned by the shrieking.  I got Ned out and into bed and he told me how scary that was because, "a Lego shark was in there with him." 

No comments:

Post a Comment