Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Don't Know

Thing 2 is always asking me these crazy questions and I end up saying, "I don't know."  I say this frequently and it drives him nuts.  He wants me to know the answer and I don't. I usually don't know the answer for anything, having a brain tumor really messed with my information recall.   Anyway, last night Ian asked, 

If people had feathers and cats had feathers, who would fly better?

How do I answer this? Do I just pick one?  Do I use up limited brain resource and ponder it?  I try to dodge, by telling him neither one has feathers.  "Well, what if?"  Okay, Ian, cats would fly better, because they do everything better.  "But what if people had bigger wings?"

Would you rather marry Bon Jovi or Bono?

Hmmm, this deserves an "I don't know" because I don't want to limit my options.  He wants a definitive answer.  He also doesn't like when I give a positive for both options.  He wants an answer.   Then he asks why don't I get married?  "I don't know."  He gets really frustrated so I told him, "because I have cancer."  His response is "good point.........who would you rather marry Bon Jovi or Bono?"  I finally tell him Bono, because I have liked him since I was 17..........but Bon Jovi is so handsome and nice.  "Would you live in Ireland?"  Ugh, I don't know!

Add all this to routine questions of:

Where are my shoes, where's the milk, where is my bag of M&M's that had one M&M left,  why are you late, why are we early, how do you know, why not, what for, how come, do I really, you won't let me, you want me to eat that, can I go, can I stay, are we there yet, if I only had 3 toes would I still wear socks?

I DON'T KNOW!









No comments:

Post a Comment