Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Luraya Carpets

Ellen and I went down to Harrisonburg, VA for my niece's graduation.  We had a wonderful weekend!  On the way home I told Ellen we are going to see Luray Caverns.  She told me she didn't want to see the La Brea tar pits.  I told her, "tough, we are going to LURAY CAVERNS, whether she wants to or not."  She had the best time and said, "thanks for taking me to the Luraya Carpets!"  Every conversation with my kids seems to be a game of telephone.

My April quilt was made in April, but not posted.  The quilt speaks for itself with all my frustrations. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you might need to get that child's hearing tested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni,
    I haven't read your blog in too long. Does it make you feel any better if I tell you that I admire your ability to turn expletives against cancer into a powerful, creative work of art? Most people just leave it at cussing; but you are not most people. My mom has cancer now too -- poop -- but treatments are going well so far and John's parents arrive tonight so I can spend next week with Mom and Dad, which will be nice. Hey, just joined "GoodReads" website so link into me if you ever join it too. Thinking of you, lady. Sounds like your spring weather has been gross. Trust me, Minnesota's has been grosser. 40 degrees and raining today for Will's first baseball tournament. He borrowed my long johns to wear under his baseball pants. Don't tell his teammates or he'll kill you!!! So, howdy to your kids and lots of love to you. Jane

    ReplyDelete