Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sewing Machine Blues and No Quilt Stores

My sewing machine went haywire July 24th, I could even tell you the hour.  I was so bummed.  The house was quiet.  I felt like quilting.  I had a fun project.  I just didn't have a cooperating machine, so I drove it over to Bear's Paw for cleaning and repairs.  It is driving me crazy not to have it here, just knowing I can't quilt if I wanted to is bothering me.  Fortunately, they just left a message saying it is ready for pick-up.  If the chemo blues are gone tomorrow, I will go pick it up.  Whoohoo!! 

I was so disappointed that there were not many quilt stores in Minneapolis and Madison.  My friend Jane located "Glad Creations" and we enjoyed the store very much.  I only bought a pattern and a fat quarter.  The store had a nice selection of mystery quilts, but I need to finish some existing projects.

I did go to a couple of fabulous bookstores.  I went to the most wonderful children's bookstore, I think called the Wild Rumpus.  It had chickens a lizard and an amazing selection of books.  I also visited the bookstore owned by Louise Erdrich, which was small but thoughtfully chosen books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment