Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quilt and Read

bright quilt on right is not included
I finished the top of the quilt I am making for Dr. Fetting...shh!  I will send it off to be quilted, it is larger than I had planned.  I actually followed ALL of the instructions, used pins and measured carefully, it is about as perfect as I will ever get.  I made this from a set of mint chocolate chip bali pops.  My only complaint is that it slightly reminds me of tissue boxes, maybe I will title it "Bless You".

I haven't blogged much because my head has been at Tara.  I reread "Gone with the Wind", and it took a few days get myself back into the current time.  Scarlett O'Hara is the perfect "woman you love to hate".  I am drawing a blank on how to spell villian, it looks correct but spell check has it underlined. 

I am currently reading "Cutting for Stone", so far it is awesome.  It sounds as if the author is friends with John Irving.  I have his latest book in my Hopkins bag and as I predicted it is long winded, rambling, drawn out and disappointing.  It is not bad enough for the read and vomit list, but pretty close.   Verghese's book has fabulous prose and characters so incredibly human, he finds beauty in these people and their surroundings.  This book is high on my recommend list, hopefully the second half will be as good.
 

Cutting for Stone (Vintage)
Summer is going by too quickly.  We have been having such a relaxing fun break.  I am not ready for August to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you...LOL! It turned out great and looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete