Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Something Like This

Maddy showed me this hysterical video of why things never really get done entirely, my version goes something like this............

I walk into the kitchen to check my Scrabble games on FB.  I stop to pick up the kid's shoes.  I take Ned's to his room and start to make his bed.  I find one sock and so turn to look for the other one.  In the bottom drawer he hasn't closed is the missing pair of scissors.  I walk down to the kitchen to put them away.  I see a dog barf on the floor and set the scissors on the entry table.  I go into the laundry room to get the carpet cleaner.  I forgot I hadn't switched the laundry from the washer to the dryer.  I take the dryer clothes to the back room and start to fold them.  I hear my cell phone ring, but don't know where it is.  On the way through the dining room I see a Lego creation and decide to put it away in Ian's room.  On the way up there I see the dog barf, so set the Lego on the couch.  I go into the kitchen to get paper towels.  I forgot to do the dishes.  I am putting them in the dishwasher, when the phone rings.  It is the school I forgot to do a dismissal email.  I sit on the couch to do it and realize all the pillows and cushions need to be fluffed to maybe remove the little boy feet smell.  I get one fluffed and the cat jumps up to be pet.  I then have to pet Hoover, because you can't forget his insistent nose all wet in your elbow.  I walk into the bathroom to wash my hands and see one pair of underwear and a blue crayon on the floor.  I head to the back room to put the crayon away, but see the dog water bowl is empty.  I set the crayon and underwear on the table.  This goes on all day.  I pick the kids up at the bus and they ask what I did all day? Why didn't I make cookies?   It is now time for bedtime and half a bed has been made, 1/3 the laundry folded, 1/2 the dishes washed, no dog barf actually cleaned up, a blue crayon and pair of underwear on the table, scissors missing, no dismissal done.  Big sigh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment