Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Purple and Blue

I don't really like purple.  It is just not a color I have embraced.  I like a little bit in a quilt to brighten it up, but purple in general is just a no-way.  But, I do own a purple shirt to support the Ravens.  I can't see myself in a jersey, so I wear a purple turtle neck.  I packed it to the back of the drawer today and am sad.  We, everyone I know in Baltimore, wanted the Ravens to make it to the Super Bowl.  I still can't believe they lost.  I have been quite blue.

Ellen keeps telling me things can't be purple.  It took me awhile to figure out what in the world she was talking about, I could never find a context to the comment.  It must be something from tv, but it means that food, events, life, etc. can't be mixed.  You can have red or blue, but purple is just not right.  I wish life could be this way, but most of life is purple.  I have to say I do prefer the use of purple to black and white.  Grey is so dull, at least purple implies  a little zip.  It is interesting to watch a child change from a literal thinker to an abstract one.

No comments:

Post a Comment