Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Alabama and Wyoming

My Alabama book was, "To Killl A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.  This really is all I can say, because the book's history really speaks for itself.  One article I read declared it "the most relevant book of the 20th century."  As proof I will example Ian.  We are also listening to it on tape for Ellen.  The boys are loving the book read by Cissy Spacek.  Ian keeps telling me he is trying to be a gentleman just like Jem tries throughout the book.

My Wyoming book was "Where Rivers Change Direction" by Mark Spragg.  It is a memoir of growing up in Wyoming on a working dude ranch.  His description of the horses and landscape are beautiful.   The book is a series of short stories starting when he is ten and ending as a fifty year old.  The last two stories should have been edited out, they didn't fit with the rest of the book.  Thanks to my friend Jane for the recommendation.

I actually quilted for awhile yesterday, it felt nice.  I have no idea when I will get around to it again.  I need someone to do two y-seams for me, I just can't figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment