Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Taylor and Kate

For two weeks only,  I want to be Taylor Swift.  I want to be twenty-ish, annoyingly beautiful and have the "perfect" life.   I would stand on stage and make the nauseous "who me" expression, because I can do it every time winsomely.  I want to try on everything in her closet and pirouette around the house having every piece of clothing fit and drape perfectly.   In fact I would go into every store and try on expensive clothes and cowboy boots.  I want to comb my beautiful, long, blond hair and have everything I do to it look fabulouso.  Really truly what I want to do is play the guitar and sing.  I want to look cool and sit around soulfully strumming.  All the notes, chords, whatever would not sound anything like my singing.  I would know what I was doing and could play country, blues, rock'n'roll and I would belt it out with full amp.  I would call cool people to play/sing with me,  I am Taylor Swift so I assume they will do it.

After my two weeks is over I want to be Kate Middleton.  I would like to be her for the similar shallow clothes, hair experience.  I would love to be her for all the culture she can take advantage of unlimited.  Think of the history, galleries, jewels, museums, private homes, plays and museums she has access to with no crowds or personal inconvenience.  It would be nice to have servants and personal, understated luxury - assumed luxury.  I could order up a prepared meal anytime of the day.  Jeeves, bring me a chocolate chip cookie. Oh, to have high tea served everyday.  Jeeves, this is Kate, get me tickets to the Taylor Swift concert.  I like to think her life will go easier than Diane's.

On Tuesday, I am going to a book group that is discussing Elizabeth, the First by Sally Bedell Smith.  The author will be at the book group.  I haven't read it, but will enjoy the presentation.


3 comments:

  1. I'd like my first two weeks to be one of the tennis-playing Williams siters...maybe Venus. I want to know what it's like to be tall and strong and physically in top shape. Also, to have plaits that I can put beads on.

    I'm going to have to put some thought into my second two weeks.

    You already know what it's like to have beautiful long, blonde hair! I remember that when I met you, yours was half-way down your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to be a Williams you're going to also have to deal with autoimmune disease. And if you're going to be Taylor Swift you have to sleep with John Meyer, which means you'll probably get a STD. As far as Kate Middleton goes… Well I would like to see the inside of Buckingham Palace's kitchens, so I think that would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just saw that you read "Night' by Elie Wiesel. I love the way he writes.

    ReplyDelete