Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nothing

When people ask me "what are you up to" or "what's going on in your life" I always reply "nothing" or "I can't think of anything exciting."  Well, I decided to make the change and recognize I do have interesting tidbits to share.

Sunday I went to a talk given by Jay McCarroll.  He was the winner of season 1 "Project Runway".  He was funny, quirky, incredibly honest and therefore somewhat self-destructive.  I have been pondering the oddness of the crowd.  He had groupies.  People were sycophantically laughing at everything he said.  I was laughing also, but not with the same manic fervor.  One woman asked him if he had a retirement fund and health insurance.  Another annoying woman asked to take pictures of all his stuff to put on Instagram.

My weird claim to fame is now I have met two "Project Runway" winners.  I met Christian Ciriano at a breast cancer function.  He was a teeny, tiny turd of a human being.

Thing 2 is covered with little round bruises.  Turns out he and his friend were shooting each other with the air-soft rifles.  I am going to add this was not done on my watch. 

Thing 3 regaled me with his latest song entitled "The Golden Sausage."  It was not racy, but I can't get an image of Freddie Mercury out of my head. 

My 50 state book challenge is complete, except for half of New Mexico.  I read fiction, non-fiction, short stories, poems, classics and trash.  I had more good reads than bad reads, Missouri stands out as particularly lame.  The hardest state to find a book about was South Dakota.  I really tried to have no re-reads, but had three.  Alaska and Alabama were on purpose and Montana was accidental.  Next year will be challenge free.

Juno and Minnow have brought me a present every day this week.  Minnow was responsible for mouse parts all over the back patio I am pretty sure.  Juno doesn't seem to be into dismemberment.  I appreciate the decreased rodent population and their love, but gross!









 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the Jay McCarroll talk a lot. Since then I've been thinking a lot about creativity and wanting to do more stuff to explore mine.

    Carmen and I made a wreath for my door with plastic Christmas balls and about a half pound of hot glue. I realize there would be some people who would curl their lips at "plastic" and "hot glue" being used in the same craft - and the same sentence - but those people can kiss my shiny white butt. I love my wreath. Drive by and see it and come and have a hot chocolate!

    Things in your blog post that made me smile:

    Those crazy Jay McCarroll groupies!
    a 'tiny turd of a human being'
    Your middle child shooting at his friend and being shot in turn. KIDS!
    That you have finished your challenge - go you!

    ReplyDelete