Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Behind Me

South Dakota is behind me.  I read "Twisted Tree" by Kent Meyers.  SD has been the toughest state so far to find a read.  I found a number of fiction books, but not current enough to be in the library.  I am into Arkansas with "Calicoe Joe" by John Grisham.  I have fifteen states left and around eighteen more weeks to accomplish this goal.  It will be close.  I have enjoyed reading a book from every state. 

I finished my tumbling blocks quilt, but haven't taken a picture.  I plan on sending it off for quilting.  I am trying to slog through things I haven't finished.  I sewed on two bindings so they are ready to be tacked down during cool evenings in the fall.  I am still only using fabrics that I have on hand to make anything new.  My postage stamp quilt has 64 finished blocks, I have no real plans for this yet.  I am using strips to make a shawl.  I like it, but Ellen said it looks like something I made.  I am not sure what that means.  I promise to post some pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment