Writing about the day to day mysteries of life.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ambidextrous

If Ned was doing this I would think he was messing with me.  Since it is Ian, I think he is generally confunded.

Ian - Mom is that girl on the tv who lost a lot of weight ambidextrous?
Me - She is anorexic, I doubt she is eating with both hands.  Someone give that girl a sandwich.
Ian - Mom when you move around to get exercise is that ambidextrous?
Me - Aerobic exercise and you can use both hands. Go play outside!
Ian - Mom that stuff you use to wash the floors that smells bad is that ambidexterous?
Me - Ammonia and I can mop with both hands.  Thanks for asking to do the mopping.
 Ian - Mom is that old lady ambidextrous?
Me - I don't know, but she has arthritis. Shh, she can hear you.
Ian - Mom when I keep my room really clean is that ambidextrous?
Me - Immaculate, for the seven millionth time ambidextrous means using both hands.  In baseball being able to bat both directions.  Please go clean your room.
Ian -  Oh yeah.


2 days later
Ian - Mom when I really don't want to do something is that ambidextrous?
Me - Apathetic!

Since I am telling Ian stories, here is another one.  He is for the most part even-tempered, but every now and then has a grumpfest.  I always tell him, "the real Ian has been abducted by Aliens and replaced by a grumpkin."  One day last week he told that he doesn't like that and to never say it again.  No problem on my part.  This week he has been totally out-of-sorts.  He told me, "Mom, I think I have been abducted by Aliens and replaced with a grumpkin."  He is trying to make me a crazy mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment